BRAND NEW/ NEVER RIDDEN CHRIS KING SHOW BIKE
This was the second Storm King we ever produced as the first was used as a prototype for testing and debuted at the Enve builder show earlier that year. The frame, fork, stem and bars are all hand painted using wet paint. This is not a cerakote or anodize finish. There is a clear gloss over the paint for protection purposes, but this is still wet paint. The actual painting of the frame and the detail work took over 20 hours to complete. The stem, bars, and fork were an additional 10 hours beyond the frame. This was all done by hand by a single painter. We do have the custom touch up paint that will be included with the purchase of the bike.
This bike HAS NEVER BEEN RIDDEN! We have never mounted pedals to it and it has only been shown at Sea Otter 3 times and the original King show just the once. Otherwise, it has been securely stored in our shop for all of these year.
This is a stock 56cm geometry when we originally created the design. The geometry is our V1 geometry, so please refer to the geo chart at the bottom of the page for accurate specs. It is closer to a Barlow in terms of top tube length but with a slightly more upright riding position for more technical riding. While it does clear 700×50 tires, be mindful of toe overlap as 700×45 tires would be better suited for off road riding. The Dropper line does have a little bit of exposure as it transfers from the down tube to the seat tube, while the brake line does run externally on the top of the non-driveside chainstay as this was before we were using T47 BB’s for internal routing. Lastly, the Owl logo and the MADE IN USA flag are both decals as we were still using decals at that time and wanted to showcase them in some way.
You can view the original photo gallery and backstory of the bike HERE
This is not another gravel bike. The Sage Titanium Storm King is a catalyst to new adventures. It’s a drop-bar beast designed to fuel your exploration, taking you deeper while getting increasingly more remote with every pedal stroke. The Storm King is not only designed for the bike packer who tackles multi-day adventures like the Oregon Trail Gravel Grinder, but also for the gravel racer who looks to conquer events like the Unbound or Grinduro. Storm King is a rock-gobbling animal with a geometry to keep the rider more comfortable on technical terrain.
Named after the ribbon of singletrack outside of Bend, Oregon, Storm King is ready to get shreddy on tires sizes up to 700x50mm. Utilizing a curved seat tube to decrease the length of the chainstays while maintaining maximum tire clearance, the Storm King is able to snap to acceleration with minimal effort. The Storm King touts three bottle cages, front and rear fender mounts, and bosses for either bolt-on food bags or bolt-on frame bags. All that, plus internal cable routing for the rear brake and dropper post for an ultra-clean look. Of course, our patented Cable Clip System ((US Patent No. 9,545,975) is designed into the bike to ensure you have as much versatility with your drivetrain choice as you do your riding adventures.
All of our demo/ show bikes carry our limited lifetime warranty so you can rest easy at night knowing your frame is covered should something happen to it. Complete bikes are tuned up prior to shipping. This includes new chain, bar tape, and brake pads as necessary. Complete bikes ship out within 7 business days after your order has been confirmed.
- Made in USA frame- 3/2.5 Titanium
- Bento Food Box ready mounts on the top tube for easy food access
- 700x50mm Tire clearance
- 142x12mm Rear Wheel Spacing
- 31.6mm Dropper Post Ready
- English Threaded 68mm BSA BB
- 44mm Head Tube
- Mechanical or Di2 Ready to ride with our patented CCS system
- Integrated fender mounts
- 3 Bottle cage mounts
Build Spec as Shown:
- Enve G-Series Fork
- Chris King Violet i7 headset, headset spacer kit, and Threadfit 24mm BB
- Lizard Skins DSP 2.5mm Bar Tape: Black
- Enve Carbon Stem- 100mm
- Enve Carbon Gravel Handlebar- 42cm (flared drops)
- PNW Coast Dropper Post- 120mm Travel, 40mm Suspension, Internally Routed + PNW Remote Dropper Lever
- Brooks Limited Edition Saddle with color matched rivets
- Shimano GRX ST-RX810 1X Shifters/ Brake Caliper
- Shimano GRX RD-RX812 1X Rear Derailleur
- Shimano GRX FX-RX810-1 Crankset- 172.5mm, 40T
- Shimano Dura-Ace SM-RT900 Rotors: 160/140
- Shimano XTR CS-M9001 Cassette: 11-40
- Shimano Ultegra CN-HG701 11 Speed Chain
- Enve G23 Wheelset w/ Chris King R45D Hubs Violet Hubs w/ Schwalbe G-One 700×50 tires and custom rim decals
- Custom Robert Axle Lightning Axle color matched in Violet