BRAND NEW/ NEVER RIDDEN CHRIS KING SHOW BIKE
This bike is our 2022 Chris King show bike showcasing the new Midnight color that Chris King launched that year. This bike features our “galaxy” paint scheme and was hand painted in multiple color layers of cerakote. The frame is cerakoted from the head tube to about halfway back on the frame where it transitions to a blue anodize and blasted titanium finish to give the bike its unique look. This is a one of a kind piece of artwork that will not be duplicated.
The geometry on this bike is our new “Aggressive Geometry” where we prioritize toe clearance with a longer top tube and a shorter stem. The effect generates a quick handling bike when the corners get tight, but a bike that can also remain stable at high speeds on rough descents due to the longer wheelbase of the bike.
This bike HAS NEVER BEEN RIDDEN! It has been hand carried to a few shows but we have never mounted pedals on it and it has not even been rolled to the end of the shop. You can see the original photo gallery of the bike HERE
The geometry is based on a 56cm Storm King geometry but slightly modified with a taller headtube and a longer top tube. It will fit riders from 5’9 to 6’0. We can adjust the stem length if necessary for your fit.
This is not another gravel bike. The Sage Titanium Storm King is a catalyst to new adventures. It’s a drop-bar beast designed to fuel your exploration, taking you deeper while getting increasingly more remote with every pedal stroke. The Storm King is not only designed for the bike packer who tackles multi-day adventures like the Oregon Trail Gravel Grinder, but also for the gravel racer who looks to conquer events like the Unbound or Grinduro. Storm King is a rock-gobbling animal with a geometry to keep the rider more comfortable on technical terrain.
Named after the ribbon of singletrack outside of Bend, Oregon, Storm King is ready to get shreddy on tires sizes up to 700x50mm. Utilizing a curved seat tube to decrease the length of the chainstays while maintaining maximum tire clearance, the Storm King is able to snap to acceleration with minimal effort. The Storm King touts three bottle cages, front and rear fender mounts, and bosses for either bolt-on food bags or bolt-on frame bags. All that, plus internal cable routing for the rear brake and dropper post for an ultra-clean look.
All of our demo/ show bikes carry our limited lifetime warranty so you can rest easy at night knowing your frame is covered should something happen to it. Complete bikes are tuned up prior to shipping. This includes new chain, bar tape, and brake pads as necessary. Complete bikes ship out within 7 business days after your order has been confirmed.
- Made in USA frame- 3/2.5 Titanium
- Bento Food Box ready mounts on the top tube for easy food access
- Dropper Post Ready
- 700x50mm Tire clearance
- 142x12mm Rear Wheel Spacing
- 31.6mm Seatpost
- T47 BB Shell
- 44mm Head Tube
- Triple Mount Point on both the top and underside of the downtube for oversized water bottle or accessory storage
- Internally routed rear brake, shifter line, and dropper post lines
- UDH Derailleur hanger
Build Spec as Shown:
- Enve Adventure Fork
- Chris King Midnight i7 headset and headset spacers
- Enve Bar Tape: Black
- Zipp Service Course SL70 Stem- 80mm
- Zipp XPLR Alloy Bar- 42cm
- Enve Dropper post + Enve Remote Lever- 0mm setback, 40mm Drop
- Sage Beccus Saddle: 155mm
- Shimano GRX RX-810 2X Shifters/ Brake Caliper
- Shimano GRX RD-RX810 2X Rear Derailleur
- Shimano GRX FX-RX810 Front Derailleur
- Shimano GRX FX-RX810-2 Crankset- 172.5mm, 48/31
- Shimano Dura-Ace SM-RT900 Rotors: 160/140
- Shimano CS-HG800 Cassette: 11-34
- Shimano Ultegra CN-HG701 11 Speed Chain
- Chris King GRD23 Wheelset with Chris King Midnight R45D hubs w/ IRC Doublecross 700×42 Tires