Please note: This is a custom Storm King that was built for a customer that had to cancel their order due to a family emergency. The geometry of the frame was based on a 58cm Storm King and then modified to fit the customer. Please see the geometry chart below for exact measurements. There is no Storm King logo on the top tube at the original customer’s request.
All components on this bike are brand new with the exception of the Cane Creek eeWings, Praxis Chainring, and PNW Coast Dropper post. These parts were on a prior show bike that was stripped and sold. The cranks have some scuffs, while the dropper post was used a few times but is otherwise is in excellent shape.
The idea behind this build was Monster Gravel and uses our new “Aggressive” V2 geometry. As such, the 700×50 tires are absolutely massive on the deep dish Enve 4.5AR wheels with Chris King R45D hubs. The bike uses our 3D printed Gravel+ yoke which means it can accept tires up to 650×2.4”. The max chainring size is a 44T 1X setup. The Zipp XPLR bars provide a very comfortable compact drop with a nice flare for when the trail gets tough, while we also left enough headset spacers below the stem so that you can fine tune the fit for you as opposed to cutting the stem and just slamming it down with no hope of adjustability.
The GRX Limited Edition drivetrain is mechanical and the cassette is an XT 11-42 for a super wide range. The tires are some very special IRC Racing Team tires. These 700×50 tires were for the race team only as the tire was being developed into what would become the IRC G-Claw tires.
Lastly, this bike is setup with UDH dropouts for ease of derailleur hanger replacement should the need ever arise.
This is not another gravel bike. The Sage Titanium Storm King is a catalyst to new adventures. It’s a drop-bar beast designed to fuel your exploration, taking you deeper while getting increasingly more remote with every pedal stroke. The Storm King is not only designed for the bike packer who tackles multi-day adventures like the Oregon Trail Gravel Grinder, but also for the gravel racer who looks to conquer events like the Unbound or Grinduro. Storm King is a rock-gobbling animal with a geometry to keep the rider more comfortable on technical terrain.
Named after the ribbon of singletrack outside of Bend, Oregon, Storm King is ready to get shreddy on tires sizes up to 700x50mm or 650×2.4″. Utilizing a curved seat tube to decrease the length of the chainstays while maintaining maximum tire clearance, the Storm King is able to snap to acceleration with minimal effort. The Storm King touts three bottle cages, front and rear fender mounts, and bosses for either bolt-on food bags. All that, plus internal cable routing for the rear brake, rear derailleur, and the dropper post for an ultra-clean look.
All of our demo/ show bikes carry our limited lifetime warranty so you can rest easy at night knowing your frame is covered should something happen to it. Complete bikes are tuned up prior to shipping. This includes new chain, bar tape, and brake pads as necessary. Complete bikes ship out within 7 business days after your order has been confirmed.
- Made in USA frame- 3/2.5 Titanium
- Bento Food Box ready mounts on the top tube for easy food access
- Triple bottle mounts on both the top and underside of the downtube for extra storage capacity
- 3D Printed chainstay yoke for 1X drivetrain and max tire clearance
- 700x50mm & 650×2.4″ Tire clearance
- 142x12mm Rear Wheel Spacing
- 31.6mm Dropper Seatpost
- T47 BB Shell
- 44mm Head Tube
- Integrated Rack Mounts
- UDH Dropouts
- Designed for MTB spaced cranks
- Frame Geometry is a modified 58cm geometry. See Geo Chart below for full details
- Enve Adventure Fork
- Chris King Matte Black i7 headset and headset spacers
- Lizard Skins DSP 2.5mm Bar Tape: Gray
- Zipp SCSL 70 Stem- 100mm
- Zipp XPLR SL70 Alloy Handlebar: 44cm
- PNW Coast Dropper Post- 0mm setback, 120mm drop, 40mm suspension, Includes Shimano PRO dropper lever
- Sage Beccus Saddle: 155mm
- Shimano GRX Limited Edition RX-810 1X Shifters/ Brake Caliper
- Shimano GRX Limited Edition RD-RX812 1X Rear Derailleur
- Cane Creek eeWings Titanium MTB Crankset: 175mm, 32T Praxis chainring, Cane Creek Hellbender 70 T47 BB- Cranks are used
- Shimano Ultegra SM-RT800 Rotors: 160/160
- Shimano XT CS-M8001 Cassette: 11-42
- Shimano Ultegra CN-HG701 11 Speed Chain
- Enve 4.5AR Wheelset with Chris King Black R45D hubs
- IRC Prototype G-Claw 700x50mm tires (For Racing Only)
Build Spec for listed bike:
|Seat Tube - Center to Top||54cm|
|Top Tube Effective||57.7cm|
|Seat Tube Angle||69.5|
|Effective Seat Tube Angle||73|
|Head Tube Angle||69.5|
|Axle to Crown- Fork||406mm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||70mm|
|Head Tube Length||19.5cm|