In 2020, when Chris King invited us to be a part of their custom builder show to launch their new colors (Gold and Two-Tone Black/ Gold), we naturally said yes. We knew we wanted to go for the Gold colorway so the question became: What would we do for the bike? Gold by itself is a show stopper but how do you make a frame that compliments the shine of the Gold without taking away from it? The answer was to polish the frame to a mirror finish and let the bike SHINE in the lights!
Our Barlow continues to be a mainstay of our line. It’s an extremely versatile bike that can easily be described as a “Quiver Killer” bike. As the original Barlow was designed in 2016, we knew it was time for an update. That update came in the form of a T47 BB, internal rear brake line routing, hooded dropouts, and curved seatstays. We kept the geometry the same as the original bike since it worked so well. This is Frame #1 of the Gen2 Barlow Design. As such, it is unique not only for its finish, but also for the fact that it has a 31.6mm seatpost as opposed to a 27.2mm seatpost like the rest of Gen2.
The polishing process for a frame can take approximately 20-24 hours of labor. To get the mirror finish was no easy task. We then extended that mirror finish to the titanium seatpost, the titanium seatpost collar, the Silca Securo titanium bottle cages, and even the bolt heads all around the frame. To finish off the finish, we anodized the logos on the frame in gold to blend with the gold Chris King parts.
This frame has only been built up as a show bike and shown on display at the 2020 Chris King show and at the 2021 Sea Otter show. After the Sea Otter show was complete, we stripped the bike down and it has been hanging in our shop ever since. It’s too pretty to hang on the wall and it is begging to be ridden as it has never been ridden at all.
- Barlow 56cm Frame: Polished and Anodized
- Sage Titanium Seatpost: 31.6mm, 25mm Setback, Polished
- Sage Titanium Seatpost Collar: 34.9mm, Polished
- Silca Securo Titanium Bottle Cages x 2: Polished
- Patented CCS System (US Patent No. 9,545,975) allows for either mechanical or electronic drivetrains and the ability to switch back and forth as much as you would like
- Made in USA frame- 3/2.5 Titanium
- Stealth fender mounts for increased weather protection
- Bento Box Food Storage Mount
- Curved seatstay design for extra compliance
- Internal rear brake line routing
- 31.6mm Seatpost
- T47 BB Shell
- If running a front derailleur, a 34.9mm/ “Large” clamp size is required for frame fit
- 44mm headtube provides razor sharp precision steering
- Flat Mount Disc Brake
- 142 x 12mm Thru-Axle design
We don’t normally sell our show bikes, but this one needs to be in the sun and ridden outdoors. We can build the bike back up if needed with your choice of parts if that is something you are interested in. Let us know and we will be happy to help.
|Seat Tube - Center to Top||53cm|
|Top Tube Effective||56.5cm|
|Seat Tube Angle||73.25|
|Head Tube Angle||72.5|
|Axle to Crown- Fork||382mm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||71mm|
|Head Tube Length||15.2cm|