The inspiration for many of our clients bikes comes from a variety of places. Whether it is the terrain they ride, a particular color scheme, or even a nod to the past in an attempt to recapture some of that past glory. Where ever it comes from, it only matters to the individual who is making that choice as this is their bike and not ours.
In the case of this stunning belt driven beauty, the inspiration came from color accents, racing versatility, and having that perfect frame he had always dreamed of with no compromises in the design. This is the first Custom Sage we have posted that is a customer’s specific bike, rather than the show bikes that have come before it. It’s also our first belt driven bike and we thought the honor of joining Sage Custom gallery was well deserved.
In Brian’s own words for the inspiration of his bike: “The color scheme inspiration for my Sage single speed came from a previously owned bike that had red accents. The addition of a red belt highlights that it’s a belt-driven single speed, which garners many second glances and comments when riding around town – it’s an attention-grabber! My Single speed bikes have become the go-to bikes in my arsenal due to the interval training they provide, but also because I have a second class to race during Cyclocross season. These reasons led me on the hunt for the perfect single speed which ultimately landed me at Sage. I turned to Sage because I couldn’t find what I needed “off the shelf.” I loved the feel of a titanium frame and it was something that could be customized to the kind of bike that I want and riding that I do. I found titanium to be the perfect balance of compliance like chromoly steel but with the rigidity of carbon fiber. A customized frame also allowed for sliding drop outs which was at the top of the list to accommodate a belt drive. Most importantly… Dave was game for the challenge!” – Brian Wise
- Build Spec:
- Custom PDXCX Frame with Split Frame Design for Belt Drive Drivetrain
- Fork: Niner RDO Carbon Fork w/ 15mm Thru-Axle
- Belt/ Sprockets: Gates Red Carbon Belt with Gates CDX Sprockets
- Cockpit: Chris King i7 headset/ Spank Vibracore Bars/ Spank Stem Spacers/ Giant Contact Stem
- Brakes: SRAM RSC Brakes w/ Post Mount Calipers
- Cranks/ BB: SRAM Force Carbon Cranks/ BB Infinite Ceramic Bottom Bracket
- Gearing (shown): 55/24. Available options for 55/28, 55/26, and 55/22 without changing the belt
- Seatpost/ Saddle: Sage Titanium 0mm Offset post/ Sage Beccus Saddle
- Custom Built Wheels: NEXTIE Carbon Rims/ Industry Nine Torch Hubs/ Double Butted Spokes/ Panaracer Gravel King Tires