As with all our custom builds, there is always a unique story to tell about a customer connecting with SAGE to get something not available anywhere else. The owner of this new hard tail is a former pro rider from the 1980’s when colors for bikes and apparel kits had bright colors mixed together for fun expression and he wanted a way to celebrate his history of racing in this new build.
He met with the SAGE design team to see what was possible while keeping the custom frame raw. Ultimately five bright colors were selected that matched in vibrance and hue that we were confident our different component vendors could produce. The end result is a complete visual collaboration taking memories from the past and presenting them in a new way.
If you’re out on the trail and see the Mountain Unicorn flash by, we hope it puts a smile on your face, and if you’re lucky enough to catch the rider, ask about his hot pink sunglasses.
- Build Spec:
- Frame: Powerline
- Custom Graphics Package. Mix of 5 colors with “bright/ loud” being the theme
- Fork: Fox Factory Float 34 with 130mm Travel, Boost Spacing
- Custom graphics package color matched to the frame decals
- Drivetrain: Mix of Shimano XTR M9120 and Shimano XT M8100 w/ Chris King Threadfit 24mm BB
- Cockpit: Enve M6 Bar/ Stem, Chris King i7 headset with 3 different colored King headset spacers, Ergon GA2 grips
- Handlebars have custom graphics color matched to the frame decals
- Seatpost/ Saddle: Fox Factory Transfer seatpost w/ 125mm Travel, Sage Beccus 143mm Saddle
- Wheels: Custom Enve M630 Rims laced to Industry Nine 101 hubs
- Custom Graphics package color matched to frame decals
- Tires: Maxxis Forekaster 29×2.6″ Front/ Maxxis Rekon 29×2.4″ EXO Wide Trail Rear
- Pedals: Shimano XTR M9100
- Extras: Color matched shift line housing and matching zip ties
- Frame: Powerline