We love creating bikes for women riders especially when there is a surprise reveal involved.
This client is a long time rider and elite athlete who road all summer with her husband because of COVID and through the process got really fast. She had two carbon bikes but neither one fit perfect. Could SAGE create a custom frame with the best performance features of the two bikes she asked? Of course!
Once the fit was dialed in and top level components identified, she let us take over on the aesthetics with the parameter of gloss white and matte black paint, some exposed titanium and red hubs, and it needed to look fast standing still. The red heart on the top tube was her husband’s secret addition.
The reveal brought tears, but when she asked about the red heart, it opened the flood gates. Her husband’s answer to the heart graphic was, “When we are climbing hard and you don’t like it, look at the heart and know I love you”.
We love our jobs at SAGE especially when we can touch people through the work we do.
- Frame: Custom Skyline
- Custom Paint:
- Frame: Pearl White with Matte Black. SAGE logo on downtube and head tube are painted in gloss black and white respectively to give it a stealthy look.
- Enve components: Pearl White with Matte Black finish
- Custom Paint:
- Fork: Enve Road Disc Fork
- Drivetrain: SRAM Red AXS
- Cockpit: Enve M6 65mm Stem/ Compact Bar/ 2 Bolt Seatpost, Chris King i8 headset and headset spacer kit, Chris King T47 Red BB
- Wheels: Enve 3.4 Disc Wheels with Chris King R45D Red hubs
- Tires: Continental GP5000 700×25
- Saddle: Selle Italia Diva Gel Saddle
- Bar Tape: Enve Bar Tape
- Red Chris King top cap for black polish headset