King is Bling. Chris King components have been lusted after and desired for more than four decades. There are a variety of reasons for that. Everything from the beautiful finish on each component that can be spotted from afar, to the best in class quality of their bearings and seals. Maybe it is the manufacturing capabilities that make them a leader in the bike industry in terms of sustainability and eco-friendly production methods. It all adds up to something very special.
Chris King is known for their anodizing prowess. When the call came in that we were going to build a bike for the General Manager of Chris King so that he could do product testing, we knew we had to do something special for the finish. There was no better way to tie that all together than for us to anodize the frame and seatpost cluster. Naturally, we had to take it a step further by incorporating a fade anodize look into the bike to complement the King components that would be adorning the bike.
The Chris King Icon is their “Bee” logo as the hubs have a buzz when riding that sounds like a swarm of bees. It is an unmistakable sound and the logo is easily identifiable. When making the design choice for the graphics, incorporating the Bee logo into the artwork was a no-brainer. There is no mistaking who this bike takes inspiration from.
In addition to the anodize blue to purple fade, we cerakoted the seatpost and the seatpost collar in a matte black colorway to better tie into the Enve G-Series gravel fork and Enve G23 wheels. The frame is finished off in a media blasted finish which gives it the brighter coloration than what we use for our normal bead blasted finishes. The result is an eye-popping/ head turning beauty that raises the game for anyone looking at this one of a kind beauty.
- Build Spec:
- Frame: Custom Storm King
- Custom Finish: Blue to Purple Fade Anodize and Matte Black Cerakote combo w/ media blasted finish for exposed titanium
- Fork: Enve G-Series Gravel Fork- 50mm Rake
- Drivetrain: SRAM Force AXS 1X
- Cockpit: 3T Team Stealth Carbon Handlebar and 3T Team Stealth Stem, Chris King i7 Headset (Violet lower and Polished Turquoise Upper Bearing cups) & Headset Spacer Kit Matte Black, Enve Black Bar Tape
- Seatpost/ Seatpost Collar/ Saddle: Sage Titanium 0mm Offset post w/ custom Cerakote 2 Tone Sage Logo and Anodize King logos, Sage Titanium Seatpost Collar in Black on Black Cerakote, Sage Beccus Saddle
- Wheels/ Tires: Enve G23 rims laced to Chris King R45D purple hubs. Tires are Schwalbe G-One Bite 700×50
- Rear Axle: Robert Axle Project Thru-Axle limited edition purple specifically for Chris King hubs
- Frame: Custom Storm King