Usually we strive to get photography done and posted for each custom bike we do with the expectation that we will showcase the bike both in social media and advertising as the bike is being delivered to the customer. However, there are those times where we get a little busy and things don’t always line up as expected. Case in point, this amazing Barlow that was delivered to its new home during the pandemic.
In this case, the client was able to ride the bike for many months before answering some of our questions so he has a different perspective on the bike as opposed to when it was first delivered to him. As the bike is living here in Portland, OR., the setup for the bike was focused around riding through rain soaked streets that may or may not have pot holes in them. The Continental Contact Plus tires have a tread that pattern that rolls nicely, but also gives traction in case there is gravel or something like that on the ground. Additionally, there is a reflective strip that goes around the sidewall of the tire for better visibility in low light conditions.
As usual, we asked our client for some feedback on the bike with a few specific questions:
- You have had your Sage for a little while now, how has the ride experience been?
- Amazing. I love the fact that I can swap out to other wheel sets and my bike can take me just about anywhere. I have three sets of wheels: road, winter road, and gravel. They all work perfectly.
- What types of adventures/ rides have you taken the bike on?
- Mostly light mountain/trail riding and road riding. I’ve done a few trips out to the coast of Washington State and rode around the Long Beach Peninsula. My typical ride in town in either on the Springwater Trail or in Forest Park.
- What made you decide on a Barlow?
- It was the best all around bike made by Sage. Great balance between road and dirt performance. The frame geometry is comfortable, but responsive and lightweight.
- What are your passions that connect you to the bike?
- I love riding and going fast. I have never owned a bike that has given me such great feedback while riding. The only limitation is my ability to provide adequate power to the drive train. It’s click in and GO.
- What inspired the artwork on the bike?
- I have always wanted my name and favorite number on my bike. Kind of a throw back to motorcycle racing, which I admired when I was a teen. My particular name/number combination and placement on the bike is very unique. Exceptionally cool.
- Why did you choose the colors that you chose?
- Black, red and white are my favorite racing colors. My track car is painted these same colors. During the artwork process with David and the artist, we looked at a few different color schemes and the black/red/white was by far the most inspiring to me.
- Build Spec:
- Frame: Barlow with custom cerakote finish
- Fork: Enve All-Road fork with custom cerakote finish
- Headset/ BB: Chris King Inset 8 Headset/ Headset Spacer/ T47 24X BB: Matte Black
- Cockpit: Enve Carbon Stem/ Enve SES AR Carbon Bar/ Sage Titanium Seat Post/ Sage Beccus Saddle/ Sage Titanium Seatpost Collar
- Enve stem, bar, and Sage seatpost collar have matching custom cerakote finish
- Sage seatpost is finished in standard cerakote scheme
- Drivetrain: Shimano Ultegra R8000 Hydro drivetrain
- Wheelset: Astral Wanderlust carbon wheels with Astral Approach hubs made by White Industries, Continental Contact Plus 700×32 Tires